[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2878: Standby/failover printer inside a CLASS

Andrew Miskell andrew.miskell at cummins.com
Sat Aug 29 07:12:23 PDT 2009

[STR New]

We have a fairly large installation of clients that we want to centrally
manage their printing. We would be looking to put in a CUPS server in each
of our major datacenters (2 in the US, one in Europe and another in Asia),
but we only want the clients in each datacenter to print to their local
CUPS servers unless that server where to fail, then print to one of the
other CUPS servers until the local server is active again.

Load balancing would be great for CUPS servers in the same building, but
we would prefer not to be sending print jobs all over the world if there's
a perfectly working CUPS server in the same room.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2878
Version:  -feature