[cups.general] Default cpi for lp/lpr not working in 1.4.1

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Dec 4 09:25:19 PST 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:13 AM, tinnews at isbd.co.uk wrote:
> In addition to the incorrect default print size the CUPS 1.4.1 command
> line appears to ignore any options like "-o cpi=10" which might
> otherwise be used to work around the problem.
>
> Is this a known bug?  What can I do to help diagnose it?

Verify that the CUPS texttops filter is being used to print text files - with debug logging enabled (cupsctl --debug-logging), look at the /var/log/cups/error_log file to see which filters are run for your job.

My guess is that a new text filter is being used in Ubuntu 9.10 that does not support the standard CUPS text options, causing the behavior you are seeing.