ajax/rest Interface

Pete Morgan pedromorgan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 03:15:03 PST 2009

Not sure if this is the right place, but here's the problem.

I'm developing a pyqt application, and need to monitor the status of the print Que.

After discovering the python-cups bindings, a combination of getJobs() and other functions does seem to fulfill the requirement.

I've also developed a little socket service to exchange this data (a python dict) with a client.

I looked at the cgi:631 site, but it does not have an ajax/rest interface which is what I'm basically creating.

Am I missing something? Are there plans for an ajax/rest interface?

pete