Linux server, Windows Clients, mulitple jobs ignored.

eusoj xirdneh xirdneh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:00:17 PST 2009

Hi there. I have a linux machine with archlinux and the latest kernel also the altest cups. Im sharing a Samsung ML-1610, using the splix driver, into a lan with only Windows XP Machines. Before the upgrade to the newest cups there was no problem now heres whats happening:
Every computer can succesfully print with the Samsung ML-1610 shared, but when tow or more users sends a print job at the same time, or even if one print job is half the way processed and another user sends a print job then one of tow things happens. Either one of the tow print jobs is dismissed, or none of the print jobs are printed. Some times one print job is printed incomplete. The thing is that in every log i see it says print job completed at [some time].
I have found that sending the jobs via IPP is the best thing, cuz then the printer will either print the job or not print at all. Instead of sometimes print the job incomplete.

Can anyone help me plz? is it the driver? is it the printer? is it cups? i dont see any error anywhere. Im seriously cluless here, maybe some of you guys have some good test to run?.
Thnks in advance...