landscape printing problem - addendum

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Fri Dec 11 02:55:13 PST 2009

Christoph Litauer wrote:

[...]

Just for fun, I edited one of my printer's PPD to include a specification of
a "landscape oriented" media size (named A4transverse) - and whow! - when I
selected this media sizein the print dialog, without specifying landscape
orientation, everything is OK without quiks and whistles.

It is a bit tedious do do such modifications, as the respective
modifications need to be done in the localization part(s) of the PPD as
well, at least for the language the Mac OS X is configured to use.

With modifications like this, the alternate pdftops filter can be used with
printjobs from Mac OS X.

Helge

P.S.: this meets my suspicion on the level 1 compativlity.