No http print jobs printing from XP

Tim Barber timfbarber at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 28 02:11:49 PST 2009

Hello,

I am attempting to print to a shared HP OfficeJet 5610 printer using
CUPS. CUPS is installed on a Linux box (ArchLinux) using the HPLIP, and
the test page prints successfully from the Web GUI. I can also print a
basic text document from a shell if I login and use the lpr command so I
believe I have the basics of the setup working.

I was able to add the printer to my XP machine by pointing to:
http://printmaster:631/printers/HPOffice5610
When I go to print anything from Windows, I don't seem to see any errors
anywhere, but nothing gets printed. Attached are the two files:
cupsd.conf and the excerpt from the error log file that includes the
startup process.

I have intentionally shutoff all of the possible user authentications to
verify the basic process first. Could that be the issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Tim