[cups.general] Install USB printer (Canon MP150) on a MAC

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 28 19:30:28 PST 2009

On Dec 28, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Ronald Kramp wrote:
> I tried two other cables this afternoon, without success.
>
> The weird thing is that the first time i connected the printer (more than a week ago) it worked. Even scanning was working.
> But i tried to print a document last sunday, and the printer was off line. I couldn't get it online. So i thought: delete the printer and re-install it.
>
> but now i'm not able to add this printer (USB).
>
> I did some updates for snow leapord (like the grapics card update and the java 1.6 update)

If the printer stopped working after a Snow Leopard update, contact AppleCare or file a bug on bugreport.apple.com about it.  I'm not aware of any specific USB regressions in 10.6.x, but it is certainly possible...

If you (or a friend) have another Mac to try this on, I'd do that as well just to rule out coincidental hardware problems on your Mac or printer (although if it works on your Windows PC then it probably isn't a printer problem...)