PostScript problem with Xerox Phaser 6280DN

Steve Kleene skmpl at syrano.acb.uc.edu
Wed Dec 30 11:51:39 PST 2009

> Make sure that all of the "optimize" settings in the Acroread print
> dialog are disabled. Adobe can generate bad PostScript with them
> enabled...

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

In the dialog box, under PostScript Options, I see this (`+' = selected,
`-' = not selected):

   - Optimize for speed        - Level 2
   + Download Asian Fonts      + Level 3
   - Save Printer Memory

For the heck of it, I tried two things: deselecting Asian Fonts, and using
Level 2 instead Level 3.  I also tried turning off all Page Handling options.
None of these produced a PostScript file that I could view with gv.

Thanks.