Ctrl-D filter?

Howard B. Golden howard_b_golden at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 12:10:43 PST 2009

If I understand correctly CUPS sends a ctrl-D at the end of a Postscript job, at least on serial/parallel ports. Does CUPS also send a ctrl-D to network printers? If so, can this be suppressed?

Here is my situation: I have a Samsung ML-2152W printer connected to my network. After printing a Postscript job, it then reinitializes itself. I'm trying to prevent this from happening. I access the printer as lpd://192.168.0.250.

I appreciate any help you can offer. TIA.