CUPS - identify the impression jobs

Lippera Gustavo gustavo.lippera at basf.com
Thu Dec 31 15:58:24 PST 2009

Hello everybody

I need your help, I am installing and configuring CUPS 1.3.7

I created 5 virtual print devices and I can print from other servers in these devices

The problem is:

I need to execute some programs depending on the print device where you carry out the impression.

In others systems, for example LPD or LPRG, each print device has a different path spool, and it facilitates the process of identifying the impression jobs.

In CUPS all the impression jobs arrive to the same path spool and I can't identify in which device the print was executed.

I need to know if you have any configuration paramethers or some external program or command line, to identify the impression jobs in the CUPS path spool, so I can execute the corresponding program.

Thanks for all