[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3441: saved jobs after disconnect client from server, when printer was OFF

Stefan Koch stefan_koch at gmx.net
Sat Dec 5 08:33:30 PST 2009

[STR New]

Hello,

my main used pc is the "server". My laptop is the "client"

server: ubuntu 9.10 with cups 1.4.1 (connected with HP PhotoSmart C3180)
client: ubuntu 9.10 with cups 1.4.1 (using the C3180 over IPP)

Now, if the printer is off, and I print from the client as example 5
times, and disconnect the client from network, and switch ON the C3180
only the first print job will be printed.

(With older versions there will be nothing printed.)
It's good that at least one job will be pritned.

But it's better when all printing job's are printed.

Please add a dialoge to config this issue.
It's alredy possible to change the setting in the cups.conf ???

Thanks.

Best regards,

Stefan Koch

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3441