[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3455: web interface stuck in 'Add Printer' on OpenBSD

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Thu Dec 17 05:06:45 PST 2009

[STR New]

Hi.

The web interface gets stuck when on the 'Add Printer' page.
The "Looking for printers..." icon not stops rotating and only one "Other
Network Printers:" is found.

When I reload the page, then another network printer is found but the
first one disappears... I can keep refreshing the page and at one point
USB will appear as a choice... but whatever I try, I never get all the
options at once on the page and the icon never stops. Once I make the
desired backend appear (e.g. lpd), I can keep going and install the
printer just fine.

I really have no idea how to get more info about this.
Debug error_log attached, devices seem to be found, they only don't appear
on the web interface.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3455
Version: 1.4.2