[cups.general] Special Postscript-Command in every Printjob?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Feb 3 04:42:13 PST 2009

Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I nedd a special Postscript-Sequence for a Printer in every Print-Job.
> How can I solve this? Over the ppd-file?
>
> Regards
>
> Daniel

If the PostScript sequence does not depend on the contents of
the print job itself, it is most easily put into
the printer's PPD as a *JobPatchFile value.

An example:
---snip---
*JobPatchFile 1: "
/limitinterpolate { dup type /dicttype eq { dup /Interpolate known { dup /Interpolate get {
         1 1 idtransform 2 index /ImageMatrix get dtransform exch abs 1 exch div exch abs 1 exch div
2 copy lt
         { exch }if pop 4 lt { dup /Interpolate false put } if } if } if } if
} bind def
/image { limitinterpolate systemdict /image get exec } bind def
/imagemask { limitinterpolate systemdict /imagemask get exec } bind def"
*End
---snip---

As you see, theere may be more than one job patch file.
They arte honoured by the pstops filter, that means they
are not activated for raw printers (in that case you need
to implement some other strategy).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke