Firmware Downgrade for HP LaserJet 4250?

John Five johnfivealive at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 08:30:47 PST 2009

Does anyone have or know where I can find the previous version of the
latest firmware for HP LaserJet 4250? I'm looking for firmware version
08_014, the latest is 08_015.

It appears that Samba printing does _not_ work with this latest
firmware. Samba jobs through CUPS appear to repeatedly cause 49 60FF
firmware errors, requiring the printer to be power-cycled. Needless to
say my users are getting frustrated.

Someone said on the driver page [1] that the Windows PPD for this
printer makes the problem go away, but that it needs to be edited
significantly for CUPS to parse it.

So if no one has the previous firmware for this printer, can anyone hook
me up with a Windows PPD from HP that will work with CUPS?

Thanks!

[1] http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_4250