Macros inside of pagelabe - pstosp

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Feb 10 07:07:15 PST 2009

franz.pfoertsch.brose wrote:
>>> Are there any macros available for the pagelabel attribute.
>>>
>>> I want to print the username or jobinformatioon at the pagelabel
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Franz
>> That is possible with the "alternate pstops filter".
>> See the links.
>>
>> Helge
>>
>> --
>> Helge Blischke
>> Softwareentwicklung
>>
>> H.Blischke at acm.org
> I know, your software seems to be great (I haven't tested), but I want to know is it possible with cups out of the box!

No, the standard pstops filter does not support these things.

> In my opininon your pstops have to be merged into Mikes flavour of pstops.

Sorry, but this isn't going to happen since the alternate pstops does
not work with some printers since it overrides the begin/end page
procedures that are used by many HP and Xerox PPDs.

Moreover, pstops is only one path that needs to support this stuff -
the various image and some PDF filters also bypass pstops...