Return Error of socket backend

JM TETU jm.tetu at enst-bretagne.fr
Thu Feb 12 05:19:54 PST 2009

Hello,

In first: sorry, i am very bad to write (or speak) english.

I have a problem with the off-line printers  automatically disabled by cups
(it's not a good behavior when you have 80 printers).

 I tried to use the  policy "abort-job" (and not "stop-printer"). But it's not working. An explanation could be the exit code of the backend socket.

if socket return: 4 (CUPS_BACKEND_STOP), the policy  is useless, isn't it?

Well, i tried the beh backend to resolve this problem. Fine with only socket:

beh:/1/5/60/socket://printer:9100

But i have to do hardware accounting with pykota. And beh seems never launch cupspykota backend.

Too, i think the true solution will be an exit code of backend socket different of 4... like
1 (CUPS_BACKEND_FAILED).

I don't find a parameter to change this exit code (i find only one parameter for socket: waiteof).

My question: can i change the exit code of the backend socket?