cupsGetJobs() 1.4b2 returns error "The printer or class was not found."

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 10:20:29 PST 2009

I've a little program running as root whose job it is to call cupsGetJobs(&jobs, NULL, 0, CUPS_WHICHJOBS_ALL) once an hour and call cupsCancelJob() for any job which has been held for 24 hours or more. (This to keep our job queue clean.) It works fine with 1.3.*, but for a 1.4b2 test installation I'm getting the return value -1 and the error "The printer or class was not found."

Of course, this may be a result of an error on my part, but I can't see one yet. Under what circumstances would cupsGetJobs(&jobs, NULL, 0, CUPS_WHICHJOBS_ALL) return this error? Has 1.4b2 been tightened up in this area in any way?

John A. Murdie