[cups.general] Can't print more than 1 copy

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 18:28:26 PST 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:45:53 -0800
John Hanley <john at mjhanley.net> dijo:

> I have Mac OS 10.5 running CUPS and when I try to print to my Samsung ML 2250 (using the CUPS driver), it will only ever print 1 copy. It prints to my Debian print server running CUPS over a network.
>
> No matter how many copies I select, it will only ever print out 1 copy.
>
> Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it?

I had a similar issue which, I think, is not yet resolved (for me).

If I print 1 copy I get 1 copy.
If I print 100 copies I get 0 copies
If I prnt 2 copies I get 2 copies
If I print 9 copies I get 9 copies
If I print 100 copies I get 0 copies
If I print 103 copies I get 3 copies
If I print 1000 copies I get 0 copies
If I print 1005 copies I get 5 copies.

Do you see the pattern?

I also have several printers and many applications and I get the same
results regardless of which application I print from or which printer I
print to.

It's a bug and I think it has been fixed, but the patch hasn't made it
to me yet. I use Ubuntu Intrepid x86_64. Luckily I don't often need to
print more than 9 copies, so I'm just patiently waiting until the patch
arrives in the Ubuntu repositories.