Canon MF6580PL multifunction laser printer

Denis Gesbert dgesbert at mac.com
Sat Feb 21 10:02:53 PST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to get a Canon MF6580PL to works properly on MacOSX 10.5.6 via TCP/IP. Up to now I got it working by indicating the ip address and port (:518) using a PCL5e driver. The trouble is that it prints 2 pages instead of one (not quite savy). The UFR II driver provided for MacOSX just doesn't works, and Windows computers from the same lan just work fine.
My question is: There is linux support with CUPS drivers with RPM and source code for this printer on Canon support web site, do there is any way to compile/install/use these drivers with Leopard?? and do there is an "how to" document to achieve this?

Best regards

Denis