How to share cups printer with other linux systems

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 13:14:36 PST 2009

Problem solved.

Don't know what in the hell I did, but it worked. Actually I fire up tcpdump and there was no ipp broadcast to 192.168.1.255. I went to an older Slackware, I'm using Ubuntu right now, and copied over the cupsd.conf that worked on the Slackware to the Ubuntu and voilĂ , it worked.

Just need to go through the cupsd.conf files to find differences.

tj