[cups.general] From plp to Cups?

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Fri Feb 27 00:48:47 PST 2009

Daniel Spannbauer schrieb:

> Johannes Meixner schrieb:
>> Hello,

>>> Where do I have to do this? On Cups-Side or PLP-Side?
>> Almost surely (i.e. with probability one) you may do it
>> on the side which is responsible in which sequence
>> (control file first or data files first) the stuff
>> is sent ;-)
>
> Seems to be logical :)
> Ok, lets try to find a HowTo or a Readme about the old plp-System :(
>
> Regards
>
> Daniel

Ok, our plp is now sending the control-file (cf) before the datafile
(df). The Parameter "fj" in every printcap-entry does the trick.
Bute cups is still not printing. The Control-File seems to be correct
and it is sended first (checked by a strace over the cups-lpd), but
there is no Printjob on the Cups-side.

Heres the Controll-file:
CA
D1235723979
Hdumper
LDaniel Spannbauer,bab,27
Pds
Y1
NDocuments/test.ps
JDocuments/test.ps
fdfA060dumper
UdfA060dumper

Any clues?

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München