cups print to wrong queue

Tamas Bagyal keef at freemail.hu
Wed Feb 18 02:30:42 PST 2009

hello!

scenario:

We have a CUPS server with 200+ queue (with lpd/socket/smb backend) on linux, debian etch + cups 1.3.8-1lenny4.1. Another cups server (on AIX 5.3ml8 with locally compiled version 1.3.7) polling the queues from the linux server. We haven't any class definition.

problem:

sometimes happened (in my oppinion when too many print request arrives at same time from aix) the print job directed to wrong print queue. _But_. In the log files looks like everything ok (the job/backend shows the right print queue), and not seeing this job in the job list of wrong print queue.

There is any solution? Or someone heard/saw similar problem?

thanks,

KeeF

ps.: sorry for my bad enlgish :)