[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3106: Choice Keyword 'Custom' is Not Localized Properly

Chad Hulbert Chad.Hulbert at xerox.com
Wed Feb 18 10:03:48 PST 2009

[STR New]

The ppdLocalize() method assumes that a choice keyword of 'Custom'
indicates that custom options are in use.  It therefore attempts to
localize that choice by looking up the *CustomOption attribute.  However,
a PPD author might also use the keyword 'Custom' directly.  In those cases
the choice should be localized in the same manner as other choices.

I have attached a patch.  While I am unhappy about using
ppdFindCustomOption() I did not see a less expensive way to determine
whether the keyword 'Custom' indicates a regular choice or a custom
parameter.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3106
Version: 1.3-current