Disable cups-lpd logging, is it possible?

John Five johnfivealive at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 08:27:09 PST 2009

How does one go about disabling log output from cups-lpd? I'm running a CUPS server on CentOS 5.2 and my /var/log/messages file is being filled with, "Rejecting job because "printername" is not accepting jobs" types of error messages that I would like to ignore.

Ideally, I would like to redirect this output to a different file so I can set the log file to be rotated more often. I already tried messing with the logging in options in the xinetd.d config file, but that still does not prevent errors from being outputted to /var/log/messages!

Thanks in advance for anyone with a solution to this problem.