[cups.general] ~/.lpoptions file

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Sun Jan 4 11:41:25 PST 2009

Hi,

You may want to have a look at PrintAgent : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printagent

I am not saying there is no way you can make CUPS retrieve passwords
from the ~/.lpoptions.
However, PrintAgent offers an alternative to storing the passwords in
clear text in the home directory.

Although, the current version of PrintAgent, will still require each
person to authenticate once, this would mean providing thier user name
and password at least once. I am unsure of single single sing on
support at this stage. But this happens in a web browser so the
application will not need to support this printing option.

Finally, there is a common UNIX printing dialog project underway.
Unfortunately, I am unsure of the current status or release date?

Hope this helps.