Problem Printing to HP OfficeJet on Print Server

Ken Spector kaspector at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 04:52:31 PST 2009

Trying to help my son out. He has a PowerBook G4 with OS 10.4 on it. He is in a house that has an HP OfficeJet Pro L7680 connected to a wireless print server, a D-Link DRP-1260. He cannot get the PowerBook to print anything. There are a couple of PCs that have connected and printed with no problem, but he cannot get the Apple to do so.

I have been told that he needs a CUPS driver for the HP, as the regular HP drivers for Apple only work if the printer is connected via USB and not through a print server.

Can someone tell us in layman's terms how to do this?  Is it difficult to do?

Thanks for any help we can get.