Landscape printing from OS X clients

Roy roy at vd-kraan.nl
Thu Jan 8 06:12:49 PST 2009

Hi,

I am having problems printing from OS-X clients. The symptom is that when I print a file in landscape, the page is rotated 180 degrees instead of the expected 90 degrees.

A similar setup with an old 1.1 CUPS on OS-X (10.3) server works, my current setup with CUPS 1.3.9-r1 on Gentoo Linux has this problem.

The printer is a Konica-Minolta Di550 with a Fiery X3 55BW.

I have the appropriate PPD for it; however, it wants to use a filter ("fierycupsfilter") that exists on the OS-X installation but not on the Linux installation. Needless to say that this filter does not run on the Linux box. I removed te line fron the PPD and all functions are available ans functional, except for proper landscape printing.

Could (the lack of) this filter be the problem? There are also other filters on the OS-X box that don't exist on the Linux install (cgpdftopdf, cgpdftops, cgpdftoraster, nsimagetopdf, nstexttopdf and pictwpstops).
What do these do exactly? Are there alternatives to these filters?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Roy