Missing filters on Linux - printing fron OS-X clients

Roy roy at vd-kraan.nl
Mon Jan 12 02:45:05 PST 2009

Hi,

The issue that I have is that printing on CUPS on Linux from OS-X clients is not fully suported on OS-X.

On an OS-X installation of CUPS there are additional mime type defined (in apple.types) for which filters are needed (defined in apple.convs). Printing from Adobe products for exanmple seems to require these. Those filters are not available on my Linux installation of CUPS.

According to apple.convs I need these filters to be installed:
cgpdftops
cgpdftopdf
cgpdftoraster
pictwpstops
nstexttopdf
nsimagetopdf
pstoappleps
pstopdffilter
pstocupsraster

Are these filters available for Linux (PPC-based)? If not, are there other ways to make this work?

Any help is apprciated. Thank you for reading,
Roy