[cups.general] margin problems with an officejet 5610

jeff covey jeff.covey at pobox.com
Mon Jan 12 15:36:48 PST 2009

here's a copy of a message i posted to my local linux users group.  the
members batted it around for some time, but no one found a solution.
i'm hoping someone here will have an idea.  thanks for your time!

has anyone had any luck with resolving printer margin problems with cups
in ubuntu?  i'm printing with an officejet 5610, and the bottom of each
page is always chopped off.  printing a test page has shown me that
actually all four sides of the page are trimmed, the bottom is just the
worst, and the one that most often effects print jobs.

i've put a copy of the test page here with a low-resolution scan of how
it looks when it's printed:

http://jeffcovey.net/tmp/cups/

(the printed version is straight and in full color, it was just twisted
slightly sideways by the scanner's automatic feeder.)

the original has boxes continuing to the edge of the page, and the
printed version just includes part of the outermost boxes.

i've tried setting the margins to 0 and turning "scale to fit" on and
off with system-config-printer, but nothing changed.  has anyone else
seen this and found a solution?

thanks,

--
jeff covey