Migrated from Solaris to Linux - CUPS not recognizing printers with queues

Judy Zimmerman judy.zimmerman at asd20.org
Tue Jan 13 08:24:50 PST 2009

We recently migrated from Sun Solaris SPARC to Linux OEL 5 so we are very new to this OS.  We have CUPS printing working from Oracle Applications to any printer NOT using a queue.  However, we use Flexform overlays for our checks. CUPS is not recognizing the Flexform directory or the printer.

We get the following error from the Oracle applications tier (11.5.10.2 apps):

APP-FND-00500: AFPPRN received a return code of failure from routine FDUPRN. Program exited with status 1

I have nothing noted in printers.conf on the Linux box.  (Solaris uses that file to identify printers).  I have the printer set up in CUPS as and LPD type.

Thanks!
JGDorothy