Cups Postscript Driver - Color printing problems

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Thu Jan 15 12:14:21 PST 2009

Hi!

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server with Samba + Cups Printingsystem.

I setted the cups driver for my Ricoh Aficio MP C2500 Color Laser to
PCL 5c what worked very well.

I wanted to use the Cups Postscript Driver for Windows to print from
the windows clients via cups to have the accounting information (pages).

The Cups Postscript driver works very well with pdf documents, but
if you print from color documents from word/powerpoint then the result
is horrible - the colors are printed almost in grey, some are printed
correctly.

Can somebody give me a hint how to use the Cups driver on windows to work
with color prints?

lg
martin