Installing Brother QL-560 in Ubuntu 8.10

Ben Andersen pub at bentrix.com
Sun Jan 18 23:32:59 PST 2009

Can anybody tell me in simple instructions how to install this printer?

The printer is detected and I can install it as QL-550 but when I try to print a test page the green light on the printer just starts flashing, the print job is removed as finished and nothing happens..

After a lot of searching for how to even get the printer installed in CUPS, I found this which I followed..
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-QL-500

Is the QL-560 not compatible with QL-550? Are there any new drivers for the QL-560 in that case?