Excuse my ignorance

Anthony Lamb alamb200 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:38:23 PST 2009

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance but I have not come across CUPS before and do not really know if it can do what I want.
We have developed and sold our own application for quite a while now the application sits on both AIX and Windows servers and has worked really quite nicely until the rise of the GDI printer.
Now we are having all sorts of problems even on the Windows servers because the our application embeds all the PCL tags into the document and the printer then does all the formatting. Obviously with GDI printers ths is not possible and a rewrite of our system to allow for this is not feasible hence my interest here.
Would cups be able to do what I am looking for?
Thanks
alamb200