[cups.general] cupstestppd - "DefaultGuaranteedMaxSeparations" warning

Johan Bengtsson elijah at NOSPAMMchalmers.se
Wed Jan 21 07:59:13 PST 2009

Michael R Sweet wrote:

> Johan Bengtsson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting this warning when running cupstestppd on various Xerox
>> ppd files:
>>
>> xrxwcp55.ppd: PASS
>>         WARN    DefaultGuaranteedMaxSeparations has no corresponding
>> options!
>>
>> As far as I can see, the section of the ppd file that the warning is
>> about is perfectly OK according to Adobe docs (Update to PPD
>> Specification Version 4.3, section 4.), so how can I get rid of the
>> warning?
>
> Short of renaming the keyword to use your vendor prefix, you can't.
> It *is* just a warning...
>
> Normally Default keywords are reserved for options and specific
> keywords defined in the spec.  One common problem we've seen in PPD
> files is the misspelling of the Default keyword for its corresponding
> option, thus the warning.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I'm trying to be pro-active, when we
upgraded our CUPS-server to 1.3.8 we suddenly had approx. 150 ppd-files
with status *FAIL"...

-Johan Bengtsson