[cups.general] slow printing from cups

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Thu Jan 22 11:18:10 PST 2009

Greetings,

We're running samba v3.24 & cups v1.3.7.  The problem queue (oa-e202-e1)
is printing to the lpd port Lexmark T644 printer.  I'm trying to print
from Windows Vista 32bit client using  the 'Lexmark T644 PS (MS)' driver
installed from the clients local driver repository.

The problem is that it takes a *minute* to print a simple test notepad
file.  The job hits the printer immediately since the roller on the
printer starts spinning (slowly).  But the roller keeps spinning
(slowly) for a while and the job eventually prints (slowly) after a
minute of waiting.

If I print directly to the IP of the printer, using the same driver on
the client, the job prints *right away*.

I have cups job files and error_log here:
http://it.sheridanc.on.ca/cups

Any advice?  We're getting alot of complaints with this.

thanks and much appreciated,
Ryan