[solved] tweak page alignment

bob mccall rcmcll at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 09:42:04 PST 2009

> When I print a pdf file in landscape, the first column of letters is partially cut off. How can I adjust this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

I deleted the printer and then logged in as root and setup the printer again. Tried to use the hp-setup program to install but couldn't, had to use cups. It worked ok. Then used hp-setup to modify settings like pretty print which I set up manually before. It works great! The output of the pdf file is actually better than the windows printout. It fits the page better. I'm using Suse 10.3. This is a single linux box with usb printer, deskjet 5940. For problems similar to this I recommend checking the forum for your linux distro, which is where I got the idea about setting up as root. I'm hoping the "resume printer" problem is also solved but haven't had enough usage time to be sure.
good luck,
Bob