Printer shares gone after restarting Samba Daemon

robin robin at hn-bs-webmail.de
Thu Jan 29 02:58:47 PST 2009

Hi there,

got a problem that has been givinig me a headache for quite a while now.

Whenever I restart the Samba Daemon all my printer shares are gone. I've tried restarting the cups Daemon as well but that does not seem to do the trick.

Oddly enough, once I reboot the complete Server, all the Printer shares are back again.

Am I missing something here, like other depencies?
Is this perhaps a Samba problem? Pretty lost here :(

Running Debian Testing 2.6.21-2-686

Cups Related software Versions (via apt-show-versions | grep cups)

cups/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
cups-client/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
cups-common/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
cupsys-client/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
hal-cups-utils/testing uptodate 0.6.16-3
libcups2/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
libcupsimage2/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
libcupsys2/testing uptodate 1.3.8-1lenny4.1
libnet-cups-perl/testing uptodate 0.55-3+b1

Samba software Versions are:
samba/testing uptodate 2:3.2.5-3
samba-common/testing uptodate 2:3.2.5-3

Regards,