[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3051: Brother HL-5250DN not being auto discovered

Brett Ussher breusshe at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 23:11:28 PST 2009

[STR New]

Clicking "Find New Printers" from the Administration page does not locate
my printer.  I looked at the documentation and saw some troubleshooting
steps for snmp/ipp printers.  It stated I should run two commands and post
the output files here so that my printer will be supported in the future.

snmp doesn't find my printer, however the snmpwalk tool does find it and
locates the lines that identify it as a printer as well as the
human-readable string that describes it.

It might be that my printer only support snmp v2.0, but I'm not entirely
sure.  Not used to debugging this sort of problem.  Hope I'm not wasting
your time.

Thanks.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3051
Version:  -feature