cups-lpd can lose print data

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Jan 30 07:18:49 PST 2009

Sebastian James wrote:
> ..
> Would a patch to add a new query CUPS_GET_MAXJOBS to cups be likely
> to be accepted subject to the code being of acceptable quality?

No, since a) you can add more disk space and/or increase the MaxJobs
parameter to suite your site and b) if cups-lpd or cupsd are unable
to queue the job, cups-lpd returns an error to the client doing the
printing.

If b) is not working, then we need to address it, however we aren't
going to add code to cups-lpd to do cupsd's job.