[cups.general] cups and cygwin

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu Jul 2 09:32:00 PDT 2009

Michael R Sweet wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2009, at 6:19 AM, Helge Blischke wrote:
>> Has anybody attempted (and maybe succeeded) in compiling
>> CUPS under Cygwin (1.7 beta)?
>
> I doubt that it would work for the full build, but definitely the CUPS
> library and client apps can be built on Windows...

> Michael R Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

I just compiled cups 1.3.5 from the sources under cygwin successfully
(I only had to add some /usr/lib/libxxx.dll.a terms to the library sets
(for libz and the image libs); configure and make then succeeded.
Make test passwd but the tests for lprm and cancel (they failed
with no job on the respective printer).

Not too bad for the first try, I think

Helge