cannot set printer options to get cash drawer to open

melanie hawaiichocolate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 14:47:42 PDT 2009

I have a Star micronics printer connected to a cash drawer. I am unable to modify the printer setting to open the drawer.Additionally my printer is listed twice and I cannot delete one of them. Cups does not recognize my password. I tried changing the password and still no success.We are current Mac OS operating system version 10.5.06. This is extremely frustrating. I am not a software developer so a lot of the lingo in the supposed Help docs make no sense whatsoever.