[cups.general] Setting cups options via lpadmin

Christian Andretzky Christian.Andretzky at MB.TU-Chemnitz.DE
Tue Jul 7 12:36:49 PDT 2009

Hi,
after installing matlab on debian lenny (5.0.2) with cups 1.3.8 I had problems
to print directly from matlab. The mathworks people told me to add the line

Option orientation-requested 3

to /etc/cups/printers.conf for each defined printer and to restart cups. I did
this manually using a editor.

In short - it works. But now I'm looking for a solution to add this line in a
'compatible' way for example with  - for example - lpadmin.
Background: I have a small solution with some shell scripts to backup, maintain
and - if necessary - (re)create a complete cups server using this scripts.
I looked into the man pages of various cups commands but found nothing how to
handle this problem.

Any Ideas?

TIA, Christian
--
Name:  Christian Andretzky  | Address: TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer          |
Phone: ++49 +371 531 32130  |          Elektrotechnik/Informationstechnik   |