[cups.general] Setting cups options via lpadmin

Christian Andretzky Christian.Andretzky at MB.TU-Chemnitz.DE
Tue Jul 7 13:30:56 PDT 2009

Michael Sweet wrote:
> On Jul 7, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Christian Andretzky wrote:
>> Hi,
>> after installing matlab on debian lenny (5.0.2) with cups 1.3.8 I
>> had problems
>> to print directly from matlab. The mathworks people told me to add
>> the line
>>
>> Option orientation-requested 3
>>
>> to /etc/cups/printers.conf for each defined printer and to restart
>> cups. I did
>> this manually using a editor.
>
> This is generally bad advice since your changes can easily be
> overwritten...
This is exactly my opinion.

>> In short - it works. But now I'm looking for a solution to add this
>> line in a
>> 'compatible' way for example with  - for example - lpadmin.
>
> lpadmin -p printer -o orientation-requested-default=3

That's it, Thanks.

BTW - I could not find this in the man pages / documentation. Am I missing
something?
> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

Thanks again.

Christian
--
Name:  Christian Andretzky  | Address: TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer          |
Phone: ++49 +371 531 32130  |          Elektrotechnik/Informationstechnik   |