Brother mcf5860cn margins

A J Greenfield ajg.charlbury at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:22:31 PDT 2009

I am using ubuntu 9.04 and have just bought a Brother MFC5860CN, having made sure first that it was supported by linux and Ubuntu.

Great machine and I thought everything was working OK until I tried to print pages and then found no top margin on the page in spite of having everything set correctly in OO or other application, and also in cups configuration, and everywhere else I could think of.

After a lot of searching (most of yesterday evening) I eventually found that I needed to edit a file named /usr/Brother/Printer/mfc5860cn/inf/brmfc5860cnrc which still listed the paper as Letter, presumably the USA default. This particular file has moved from the location that the solution article told me of, but a search of the file system found it quickly, and now, thank goodness all is well.

I thought it worth telling the story here, as you were one of my search points, but regrettably, an unsuccessful one. Now any other person looking for an answer here, may find this and be thankful.