[cups.general] help client jobs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jul 21 07:08:03 PDT 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Steve Smith wrote:
> Because the client will wait for the first job to complete before
> sending the next...
>
> Ok I can see some kind of logic to this but if the client jobs stay
> on the client while the first job completes on the server when I
> power cycle the client machine the outstanding jobs disappear from
> the client.  Is there any way to make all the client jobs for the
> same queue go to the server and not sit on the client ?

If you don't have any local queues, you can point the clients directly
at the server in /etc/cups/client.conf:

     ServerName yourserver

If you have multiple servers and/or local queues, use:

     BrowseRemoteOptions waitjob=no

to let the client send the job and then go on to the next one.  For
hard-wired remote queues just add "?waitjob=no" to the end of the
device URI.