mfc-990cw

dejfson dejfson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:52:37 PDT 2009

Dear All,
i'm owner of mfc-990cw from brothers. it is a multifunction machine (fax,scan, print...). It behaves as network printer, I have it attached to LAN via my home router.

I have configured the printer using cups 1.3.10. Used JetDirect, socket://10.0.0.5:9100, and then brother filter i have chosen one of printers using epsonc as mfc-990cw is not in the database of ppd files.

When I try to print whatever, the data are correctly sent to the device, they disappear from my computer queue, printer starts to receive 'something', but it never prints anything. It just keeps saying 'receiving data' and nothing else happens..

Could anyone had an idea what is wrong? Could you give me some hints how to debug it? Could be a problem in e.g. firewall settings of my router?

thanks a lot

d.