2up printing - incorrect page size?

Dave Foster fozmeister at mac.com
Tue Jul 14 12:00:27 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

Thanks again for your previous replies! My little print solution is now up and running, and the clock is ticking on the amount of time it is saving me!

My next print project has me trying to print 2 copies of a PS/PDF file (A4) - one at the original size and one blown up to A3. However, when trying to do the 2nd (A3) copy,

lp -o media=A3 -o fitplot filename.ps

just prints to A4 as normal, and with a PDF file:

lp -o media=A3 -o fitplot filename.pdf

at least prints to A3, but with no page scaling (the original A4 size at the bottom left corner).

Is there any way to get this to work? I have begun to try duplicating and manipulating the original files to resize them, but would prefer to avoid this (mainly because I'm struggling!) for the most efficient solution. I am using Tea4Cups to trigger this operation, and so ideally just want to print the datafile that it comes out with.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.5.7.

Many thanks,

Dave