Ghostscript failing on cups windows driver output?

Kyle Schmitt kschmitt at tootsie-roll.com
Mon Jun 1 07:20:16 PDT 2009

I'm having (what I think is) an odd issue.

I've got a cups server on CentOS5.3, which being a redhat clone means that cups and ghostscript are a little old:
cups 1.3.7
ghostscript 8.15

I'm trying to move as many of my clients as possible to the windows cups driver.

When users print certain PDFs, the job fails durring the ps2ps routine.

I can't post the PDF files, but the two errors I seem to be coming across are:

%%[ Error: undefinedresource; OffendingCommand: findresource ]%%

and

%%[ Error: rangecheck; OffendingCommand: image ]%%

Thanks for any help or advice.
--Kyle