Cups Windows Drivers .... copies ignored?

Jacob Brown jacob at gnu.com
Wed Jun 3 09:44:33 PDT 2009

So I'm printing to a CUPS from MS Windows using the CUPS driver for windows.  When I send a print job, and increase the copies to something other than 1, the job that comes out of the printer is always 1.  I've looked at some of the filters, and they all ignore the "%%BeginNonPPDFeature: NumCopies 3" line.  It looks like all the filters get the number of copies as a command line argument, which CUPS is defaulting to 1.  Where is CUPS supposed to be getting this value from?  Is the windows driver naming it something wrong in the postscript feature?

Also, I've tried finding a way to get the Windows driver to generate the copies itself by modifying the "*cupsManualCopies:" variable in CUPS6.PPD file, but that seemed to have no affect.  Is there a way to do it by modifying the PPD file?

Thanks a bunch for any help!
~Jacob