[cups.general] RIP once, print many

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jun 15 19:41:20 PDT 2009

[Keep in mind that you posted your question *last night* and this
  forum is covered by other CUPS users and developer volunteers...]

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:45:25 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
>> Does anyone have any idea how to do this?
>
> Really, I need help here. Having to re-image each copy is killing me.
>
> Can anyone help? Any suggestions at all!

Normally this kind of functionality is exposed via a Collate option in
the PPD.  When the Collate option is not provided, or it conflicts
with another option (typically an installable option for the printer),
then CUPS just generates the collated copies by sending pages multiple
times.